Mastercam has seen the manufacturing industry evolve over the past 35 years and has advanced their technology along with those changes. Mastercam delivers CAD/CAM software tools for all types of programming, from the most basic to the extremely complex including 2-axis machining, multiaxis milling and turning, wire EDM, router applications, free-form artistic modelling and cutting, and 3D design. We believe that Mastercam should be your first and only choice when selecting a CAM package to meet your business’ requirements.
Check out our top 10 features in Mastercam that we believe will help you improve your operations:
- Pick your machine: Determine which Machine type you’re going to use to manufacture a part. If you can’t find a particular machine, don’t worry. MLC CAD Systems has an in-house Post specialist that will configure and edit to fit your needs.
- Define your stock: You can define the shape and size of your stock. If you cannot define your stock within the parameters of Mastercam, you can always use a 3D model.
- Level management: Identify an organizational format for your part programs and adhere to it. Determine a structure for your Level Manager that all CNC programmers can abide by.
- Toolpath Selection: Enhancements made to the Graphical User Interface (GUI) help determine which toolpath may be best suited for your particular part without prior programming knowledge.
- Operation Defaults: Configure your Operation Defaults for your specific needs. This will improve the efficiency and accuracy of your programs.
- Toolpath Manager: Build your tool assemblies and save them for future use to eliminate repetitive work.
- CAM/CAD: Keep in mind that Mastercam is also a Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) program with the ability to generate and manipulate 3D models.
- Customizable Drilling Cycles: Create your own Custom Drilling Cycle to suit your needs. Mastercam can match your CNC control options!
- Part Probing: Productivity+ is a Mastercam add-on product that can accommodate your Renishaw machine tool probe.
- Purchase Tiers: Mastercam can be purchased at various levels; you can buy exactly what your business needs and what makes the biggest impact.